Moderator: Trusted Users

#246 by citizen
Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:27 pm
CosmicThreads is the freelance business that me and my partner run. We run a few free services based out of our activism such as this forum. Currently we are without a traditional home, job, and living on the road. We rely on freelance work, seasonal gigs, and donations to services we maintain to survive. In return we dedicate our lives to activism and projects like creating this site. The server costs are more than we expect this forum to support as the server hosts a variety of services, but overall we spend roughly a thousand dollars on server fees a year.

CURRENT GOAL: $150 to enable SSL Security and privacy.

If you would like to donate we can take Paypal or Credit Card, please go through: https://www.cosmicthreads.net/donate/

If you would like to send us a check please PM me for my permanent mailing address.

Thanks!
#247 by UnabashedLiberal
Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:57 pm
To clarify, Citizen, you are not setting a "set" donation amount, like DKos does--at this time, anyway--but leaving it up to the individual to give according to your needed goals, and their own circumstances?

Also, if you accept checks, should we take it that you are wiling to accept Western Union or Postal Service money orders?

Thanks!

UL (Mollie, DPS)
#249 by citizen
Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:04 pm
I am having an intermediary depositing the checks directly into the bank for me as I am on the road. Because of that I prefer checks. If a money order is required, I ask for a USPS Postal money order.

Donations can be for as little as the payment gateway (ie. paypal, creditcard, etc) you chose allows, commonly one cent but some have other minimums. If we do have donation perks, they will be the same for all donating members. However donation perks are unlikely as I dislike the "pay to play" reaction from the community, despite me thinking it was a mis-communication. Instead I will attempt to achieve the privacy concerns another way.

UnabashedLiberal wrote:To clarify, Citizen, you are not setting a "set" donation amount, like DKos does--at this time, anyway--but leaving it up to the individual to give according to your needed goals, and their own circumstances?

Also, if you accept checks, should we take it that you are wiling to accept Western Union or Postal Service money orders?

Thanks!

UL (Mollie, DPS)