Moderator: Trusted Users

#72 by Shahryar
Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:54 pm
On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:32:02 AM UTC-8, JVolvo wrote:

http://www.thenation.com/article/190385 ... t-its-soul

this reminds me of when I marched with Dr. King (me and a lot of other people)

Following the march we ended up at the United Nations where he gave an anti-war, pro-people speech, I thought to myself "this is pretty obvious stuff". Being a kid I didn't realize it wasn't so obvious to an awful lot of people.

And like that speech, this article is obvious. Surely everyone can see why it's true, right? Except they don't. As the writer mentions, there are those who look for ways to explain away what's happening. I feel like nothing will help. Here's a fine article that will have no effect. Sigh....and those guillotines I mentioned aren't a realistic solution.
#74 by Dallasdoc
Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:44 pm
Reads like Greider rewrote my diary from the day after the election. The problems with the party are becoming increasingly obvious, so more and more people are seeing them. Hillary Clinton could be the last Democratic presidential nominee, whether she wins or loses. I really think the Democratic party is slipping into a near-terminal condition. Hillary grabbing the reins could be the last straw. It probably will be for me, anyway.
#75 by gulfgal98
Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:47 pm
Those in power are in denial, on purpose. But most of the people are not necessarily in denial, it is that they just have not yet figured out who is really to blame. IMHO, they are starting to figure it out. Occupy was the first indicator. Now the nationwide Ferguson protests are another. This country is on the verge of exploding, but the PTB will remain in denial because it suits their purposes and they honestly believe they can control the people. I think they are wrong.
#76 by gulfgal98
Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:51 pm
Replying to Dallasdoc. I had posted a long time ago that I thought that if the Democrats nominated Hillary, that GOS would become irrelevant. Well, I was wrong. GOS has already become irrelevant because they are still pursuing the same memes they did before the elections. The Democratic party is also rapidly slipping into irrelevance. But then, so many of us predicted that long before the latest electoral debacle.

BTW, welcome Mark! It is so good to see you have joined our migration over here. :)
#95 by 420forever
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:38 am
gulfgal98 wrote:Replying to Dallasdoc. I had posted a long time ago that I thought that if the Democrats nominated Hillary, that GOS would become irrelevant. Well, I was wrong. GOS has already become irrelevant because they are still pursuing the same memes they did before the elections. The Democratic party is also rapidly slipping into irrelevance. But then, so many of us predicted that long before the latest electoral debacle.

BTW, welcome Mark! It is so good to see you have joined our migration over here. :)

I agree - I thought that they would at least rethink their "Republicans suck" FP strategy, but nothing really has changed. Denial?
#198 by lapsedlawyer
Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:33 am
I agree - I thought that they would at least rethink their "Republicans suck" FP strategy, but nothing really has changed. Denial?

Or just simply can't think their way out of the loop they've stuck themselves in: "If we don't criticize the Dems we don't get progressive candidates with truly progressive ideas that can mobilize the voters, but if we criticize the Dems then a Republican might win and that would mean The Apocalypse Is Nigh so we can't criticize the Dems."