Moderator: Trusted Users

#304 by frustratidude
Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:55 pm
Heads Up! Yet another bullshit fake Progressive Dem facade.
Any Lifeboaters here live in Ohio?
Passed on to me by a likeminded confidential dkos source :o)

=== === ===
"New Deal Dems" 501 c 4 political group
Thu Dec 04, 2014 at 04:32 PM CST

Following a link in one of the front page diaries today about Ohio Dems and the 2016 senate race, I came across what looks like a Third Way type of campaign funding group called

New Deal Leaders. Its headed up by Cory Booker, Martin O'Malley, and quite a few other Third Way Dems who try to sell themselves as progressives. Love how they've coopted the "New Deal" name.

One look at their issues page shows they're anything but progressive or liberal. It's pretty strong on "public private partnerships:.

They came on my radar when a DKos front page diary was promoting a Plain Dealer (GOP controlled newspaper) article that was trying to sell a millionaire rich kid from Cincinnati to run for Rob Portman's senate seat. It immediately set off alarm bells. PD won't promote any ideas for Democrats unless its backed by Republican corporations. Rather distressing that DKos seems to be indirectly promoting them as well.

Just a heads up if you want to watch this group. I'm going to try to find out where they're getting their money.
=== === ===

These fucking 3rd Way money-grubbing hacks putting on a shiny Prog face. Fuck em.

#307 by gulfgal98
Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:31 pm
Lots of red flags with this group. I don't know where to start, but let's look at who's involved. Mark Begich, Corey Booker, and Martin O'Malley? Hardly progressives at all. Public/private partnerships = lowest common denominator for funneling public monies in the corporate profits. Pro-growth is hardly progressive to this land use planner, especially when coupled with public/private partnerships. When I was still working, we were always pushing regulated growth, not pro growth. With climate change upon us, we should not even be pushing any growth at all. We should be talking about sustainability at best.

When I read this site, it struck me as being a word salad filled with buzz words that are shiny objects to divert the people's attention away from their real mission which is being lap dogs for the wealthy and connected. :roll:
#310 by Dallasdoc
Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:28 pm
:shock: "Pro-growth progressives." This sounds like the left-wing version of the Tea Party: an effort by the PTB to coopt populist anger and energy by the Third Way. Progressives don't put "growth" as their top priority. "Equality" and "Justice" are generally the first buzzword any progressive should use.

There's a guy from Albuquerque on their list, who's a "rising star" in the state party. He's a business economist who quickly rose to majority whip in the State Senate, and just was elected state auditor. He's on the fast track, clearly, and you don't get on the fast track by being a real progressive or having any subversive views.

We're looking at a group which hopes to be the future Steve Israels, Debbie Wasserman-Shultzes and Barack Obamas. The Goldman wing's Junior League. We've been warned. Every one of these "future leaders" should have a wanted poster until they exonerate themselves.